Walk 4 Tina: American Cancer Society â€“ Making Strides for Breast Cancer
By FreesWorld Contributor on October 1, 2010
You may not have known this but Free (Marie Wright) and her family lost their mom, Selina Wright, on December 15, 2009 to breast cancer. This year, on what would have been her 60th birthday, the family has gathered up the strength and courage they learned from Selina to walk in her honor to help others suffering from cancer. If you’d like to support with a donation please see below. If you’re in Boston, then please come join us.
- The walk willÂ take placeÂ in Boston, at the DCR Hatch Memorial Shell in Boston, MA (23 David G Mugar Way, Boston, MA) on Sunday, October 3, 2010
- Plan to arrive at 8:00am to check in for a 2 mile or 5.7 mile WALK 4 TINA with the team.
- We willÂ meet about 100 feet to the right of the registration desk as a group at 8:30 to begin the walk.
- Look for Monica Cost, our event organizer,Â who will be dressed in a navy blue t-shirtÂ and blue and a pink bandana on her head. Please call Monica Cost at 617-279-1940 with any questions.
- We will start walking at 8:30am prompt.
- Be sure to drink plenty of water prior to the walk.
- Our goal is to raise $2,500.
- To join our Walk 4 Tina team and/or donate, please follow the link below. Keep in mind that you don’t have to participate in the walk to donate to the SELINA WRIGHT TEAM. No dollar amount is too small.
You can also join the “Walk 4 Tina” Facebook page by clicking here.
- Follow this link to donate online: Making Strides Against Breast Cancer (TEAM NAME IS SELINA WRIGHT ONLINE)
- You can also bring your checks to the registration site to donate.
- The preferred method of donating is online, as checksÂ take a while to arrive and get creditedÂ to the team. However,Â if you are donating by mail, complete the attached form andÂ MAKEÂ CHECKS PAYABLE TO THE AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY with a memo of “Making Strides – Boston, Selina WrightÂ Team”. ChecksÂ should be mailed toÂ THE AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY AT 9 RIVERSIDE ROAD, WESTON, MA 02493-2281.
- If you use the attached form to mail in your payment, please note the address to acknowledge receipt of payment as “Walk 4 Tina” c/o Evidently Assured, 99 Bedford Street, First Floor, Boston, MA 02111.Â NO CHECKS SHOULD BE MAILED TO THIS ADDRESS.
Thank you for your continued support of the Wright Family and we look forward to seeing you.