Dear Friends & Family, and Supporters
October is a very special month, it’sÂ National Breast Cancer Awareness month.
Cancer has affected so many of our lives and 3 years ago we lost my mom Tina, to the disease after a long and arduos fight. My family, I , my friends and associates learned so much throughout this time about how Cancer affects not only the patient but family and friends as well. This is the first time cancer has been detected in my immediate family and had a profound affect on our dedication to finding a cure for the diseaseÂ and taking better care of ourselves. We start every year with our commitment to health by taking this walk with American Cancer Society.
Join me, along with the other members ofÂ Team Cancer Free as we walk to end breast cancer. Whether you walk or donate, we need you!
NO DONATION IS TOO SMALL
We are walking to celebrate the life of Tina Wright, the many others whose lives were lost, and those who continue to fight. We invite you to join us for theÂ AmericanÂ Cancer Society’sÂ ”Making Strides Against BreastÂ CancerÂ Walk” if you are in the Boston area. If you aren’t in Boston you can still help the fight byÂ donating to the cause. You don’t have to walk to donate and your support is needed. You can sponsor Free who is walking, your donation is tax deductible and registered on the official American Cancer Society web page under TEAMCANCERFREE.
On Sunday, October 14, 2012, we will meet at the bottom of the Arthur Fielder Bridge at the statue to the immediate right at the Charles Devens Statue pictured here. Monica Cost & Akida Cooper will be there to greet you. Monica’s cell phone number isÂ 617.279.1940.
Thank you all for your continued support.. and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.
Love Always, Free
Details are below.
Date:Â Sunday, October 14, 2012
Time:Â 8:00am to meet and register and receive T-shirts. 8:30am prayer and beginÂ walk
Location:Â DCR Hatch Memorial Shell in Boston, MA (23 David G Mugar Way, Boston, MA)
Meeting Place:Â FIRST STATUE TO THE RIGHT OF THE ARTHUR FIELDER BRIDGE (it’s the bridge that crosses over Sturrow Drive) AND TO THE RIGHT OF THE HATCHÂ SHELL. Look for Monica Cost wearing aÂ pink sweatshirt, blue vest and pink hat.
- Drink plenty of water prior to theÂ walk
- Check the local weather and dress appropriately
- Tee shirts & wristbands will be distributed when you arrive
- Check in online to ensure quick registration on the day of the event
To Join Our Team or Donate:Â http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?fr_id=47450&pg=team&team_id=1241331
- Click “join our team” to sign up
- You do not have to participate in theÂ walkÂ to donate. No dollar amount is too small
- You can also bring your checks to the registration site to donate
- The preferred method of donating is online, as checks take a while to arrive and get creditedÂ to the team. However, if you are donating by mail, complete the attached form and MAKEÂ CHECKS PAYABLE TO THE AMERICANÂ CANCERÂ SOCIETY with a memo of “MakingÂ Strides – Boston” with “Team Cancer Free” in the memo section. Checks should be mailed to THE AMERICANÂ CANCERÂ SOCIETY AT 9 RIVERSIDE ROAD, WESTON, MA 02493-2281
-You can also find our page and a link to donate on Facebook atÂ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Cancer-Free/107699369290793